Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tidbits From Elsewhere - 10/19/06

Doc has an excellent piece on Sunny Smallwood's run for Probate Judge. She has an interesting credibility issue in her campaign advertising. My husband, who has seen the advertisements, has trouble getting over the last name. Juvenile, I know, but what can I say? He's a man-boy. I think that the "Vote Boo Boo for Sheriff" sign we saw a few years ago was funnier.

Loretta Nall has posted instructions on how to write in a candidate's name on your ballot.

The Alabama Pundit has decided to post about how great the economy is. Statistics are even given to back it up. I couldn't help but notice what wasn't included-- that the average working wage has gone down. Jobs have been created, but they were lower paying jobs than the ones they replaced. Coupled with inflation, this has done noting but squeeze the working class to death. So, I guess you have to ask: What is your definition of a good economy?

From the mouth of babes... Thirteen-year-old Kimrey Anne Black wrote to the Birmingham News about negative campaigning. It's interesting that someone so young can grasp something that adults cannot.