Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tidbits From Elsewhere - 10/3/06

Wow! It's been a slow news week, except for a few things. Mostly, I just want to crawl into a corner only to come out after things are better. (Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away.) Oh, well...

The Outraged Moderate is covering the Military Commissions Act. He's also nice enough to break down and explain some of the political jargon for us.

Both Doc and Dan are discussing some religious voter guides that the Republicans are boycotting. I'm usually not a fan of these, but this one actually allows the candidate to give more than a one-word answer, so I'm interested to take a look.

Finally, Slashdot is reporting on the New York Times literary challenge to bloggers to see if they were better or worse than high schoolers. Interesting, and you can take the challenge yourself. I have not yet had time to do it, but I might try it out later.