Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tidbits From Elsewhere - 10/17/06

Wow! I really needed a break! It really helped, and I thank you all for being patient with me. There isn't much going on, and the little that is happening makes me want to assume the fetal position and cry until it's over.

Dan is talking about Alagasco rates over at Between the Links. Specifically, the third-highest rates in the country, even when compared to other areas with similar supply, weather, and taxes. What makes this more interesting, as he points out, is that those in charge of regulating our utilities have excepted large donations from those same utilities. It's no big shocker, but it is a very informative post, and I highly recommend visiting to see who is getting paid by these companies. Other items of interest were a post on the Exxon-Mobil ruling and an election survey of UA students.