Saturday, September 16, 2006

What you DIDN'T hear about in the news...

Everyone is tossing out their spinach. That's a good thing. I'm just looking forward to when I can once again enjoy Papa John's spinach alfredo pizza, but I can live without it in the meantime.

Problem is, I'm sick of hearing about spinach. Just for fun, I started rewatching some of the president's old anti-terror speeches and inserting the word "spinach" for "terrorists". (Try it! It's hilarious, in a morbid sort of way!)

The spinach wants to kill you all in your beds. The spinach will kill your families. The spinach hates our freedom and wishes to put an end to our way of life. We must put an end to spinach. We must fight it in the fields so that we do not have to fight it in our kitchens.

Okay, so I've had enough of the deadly spinach coverage. What I'm really ticked about is what I didn't see. What I'm ticked about is that I found merely a blurb in our MSM and nothing in the Birmingham News-- at least nothing that would have drawn my attention to it. There was no interrupting of network programming for a presidential speech. Nada. Zip. NBC Nightly News gave it a couple minutes of their time for the last two nights, but if you didn't know too much about it, you'd probably fast forward past it.

Just in case you didn't know, all of our enemies just got together and had a meeting in Havana. Just thought you'd like to know.