Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tidbits From Elsewhere - 10/24/06

Well, I haven't given poor Wheeler much attention lately, so I'll point you over to The Alablawg, where he's discussing why he believes the Republicans are the actual party of cut and run.

Kathy has a post on Birmingham Blues with the latest presidential humor. I saw it on the news last night. It's not the funniest thing that he's ever done, but I got a chuckle. Ted Stevens and his "tube" speech were funnier.

Loretta Nall has posted a list of her upcoming media appearances.

Michael Linn Jones is talking about a new smoking ban in Omaha over at Gun Toting Liberal. While I'm a big fan of smoking bans, I have to agree with him that the use of the 911 system to report infractions is way too much. For one thing, I prefer to leave the 911 system open for actual emergencies instead of calls from overzealous anti-smoke activists.

Dan has some great posts over at Between the Links, but since there are so many today, I'll just direct you to the main site.