Friday, October 27, 2006

Sticking my nose where it doesn't belong...

...into the Jefferson County Probate Judge (place 1) race. I live in St. Clair County, after all. But I work the Hewitt-Trussville football games on Fridays for some extra cash right before Christmas, and I got to meet one of the Judge Alan King's campaign toadies. I like that title! I think I'll start calling them that! LOL! Anyway, it's late, and I'm in a goofy mood.

The campaign toady in question was very polite-- not one of those in-your-face campaign toadies that you normally meet. He just stood at the gate, held a road sign, and passed out flyers to anyone who would take them. He talked to my husband and me for a little while and only mentioned the campaign once. I mentioned that I run a blog, and I asked him for a flyer. I offered to do a little looking up and told him I'd post my opinion, since he'd been so nice. (I also made him promise me that his sign wouldn't end up on the side of I-59.)

So I looked up King's website, and I have to admit that I'm impressed with his qualifications. He's being endorsed by the FOP, a plus when it comes to the opinion of the daughter of a disabled cop. If what I'm reading is true, he was also voted as most qualified by the Birmingham Bar Association. Another plus, although I haven't been able to confirm whether or not it's true. He seems to have a lead over his opponent in the polls, too.

So this is my obligatory mention of Judge Alan King. So far, what I see is good. I haven't seen anything negative thus far. Maybe someone else out there has and would like to comment.