Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In Other News - 3/22/06

There's a lot going on in the news today, so I'll just touch on a few:

State truck driver nominee for highway hero award With all the times that I've griped about how commercial drivers are just not as good as they used to be, I think it's about time I posted something good about one of them. I like to see stories like this in the news. It's a refreshing change from the norm.

Sessions leads push for Iraq to form government I've also been known to say some not-so-nice things regarding Sen. Sessions. This time is one of those rare moments when I start to agree with him. Don't get comfortable, though. I still think he's far too much of a rubber stamp Republican.

Jeffco Commission to vote on buying sewer video system I want to know who exactly thought this was a good idea. These guys need to have their heads beaten in with a copy of Quickbooks.

Moore staying put in primary Great news for us. Bad news for Moore. I've said for a while that Moore's best hope for actually becoming governor would be if he ran as an independent.